Pages

Sunday, November 20, 2011

November Card Workshop

I recently had the November card workshop where we made 6 Christmas cards. I have to admit, Christmas is my all time favorite time of year. I love the smells, the sights, and the music. In the hustle and bustle of this season it's so easy to lose the true meaning of Christmas. So before everything starts going haywire, let me be the first to say Merry Christmas. I hope I don't offend anyone with the word Christmas, but that's what the season is truely about so I refuse to be politically correct with this holiday.

For the cards we used the Believe line of pattern paper and the Christmas Love (D1492) set.



This first card is my absolute favorite. I started with a white card base then layered on Topiary cardstock that I had dry embossed earlier, then holiday red cardstock that was prepunched with a Martha Stewart snowflake punch. a Piece of ribbon(not sure of the manufacturer) and a bow of the same ribbon. Chocolate and white cardstock were layered with one of the stamped sayings from the set and a topiary button to complete the card!




This card starts with a holiday red base, then add a scalloped square using the striped paper and a fancy square (both images were cut using the Art Philosophy cartridge). The Christmas tree image was stamped on using topiary ink and holiday red ink, some sparkles were added along with a white stamped Joy!






This card starts with a white base, then layers 4 strips of pattern paper. I aheared the ribbon to the chocolate piece before attatching it to the card. The oval was cut using George and Basic Shapes cartridge and a stocking was stamped on the oval and a gift on a canvas badge button.




For this card I started with a holiday red card base. layered the pattern paper, added a piece of jute, a couple pieces of ribbon and the banner pieces cut using the Art Philosophy cartridge.



This is probably my next favorite card for this month. It starts with a sky base, layer the pattern paper in 3 different sizes to resemble gifts, add a piece of ribbon and a rhinestone brad for a bow on top. This card is supper easy, but I love it!!
This card also starts with a white card base although you can't see the base. I cut about an inch off the outside edge before adding the cardstock. I put the chocolate cardstock flush to the folded edge then added the holiday red and topiary. I stamped the saying with vanilla creme ink and added a pretty gingham ribbon.

0 comments:

Post a Comment