We recently started a new "project" at church called Accentuate the Positive. It's just as it sounds; we've all agreed to try to eliminate all of the negative thoughts so we'll be more open to the positive. I was asked to make a couple of banners for the sanctuary for the occasion so I thought I'd make a project out of the project. I've done applique before with quilts, but I've never tried to cut fabric with my Cricut even though this is something I've been wanting to try for a while.
Once you've cut the letters out and removed them from the mat, remove the paper from the back of the fabric/stabilizer, center the design on the main fabric and iron this down completely. I used the heavy duty stabilizer in the red bag (heat n' bond). I don't think the banners will be moved around a lot, but I didn't want the design coming off. After I ironed the design on the fabric I sewed the words onto the fabric.
All the letters were cut from the Alphalicious cartridge at 5". I welded all letters together using my Gypsy. I did add the Disciples of Christ chalice, but it's a little different from the chalice on the Inspired Hearts cartridge so I had to use a design I found on the computer.
Once I had everything sewn onto the fabric I pressed it once again, the added a back as well as two sleeves (one on the top and one on the bottom) to slip curtain rods through. This could possible be left off the bottom, but I thought that would add weight and help the banners to hang correctly.