Pages

Monday, January 28, 2013

Cricut Choice Challenge

Hi ya'll!  Welcome to another challenge at Exploring Cricut.  This week's challenge is to create a card, layout, or other papercraft using 2 pattern papers, 3 cricut cuts, and 1 embellishment.  You can use any theme for this challenge.

For my project I created a Thank You card.  A dear friend gave me the cartridge "Phrases" for my birthday and I'm in love with it.  I also used the Paisley cartridge which is a cartridge I've had forever but have never used.  I really some of the images on this cartridges, it just gets overlooked.
The base of my card is 4.25 x 5.5 twilight cardstock.  I used 2 different pattern papers from the Close to my Heart Wonderland series.  Other cardstock colors used are white daisy, sky, and spring iris.  "Thank You" is cut from Phrases cartridge at 2.06", both the base/shadow cut and the main cut at the same size.  The third cricut cut is the butterfly which was cut from the Paisley cartridge at 1.12".  The butterfly was cut out of spring iris cardstock, the phrase was cut out of white and sky cardstock.
I used very tiny sparkles (in purple) from Close to my Heart for the body of the butterfly, added a twilight flower button and added an In Color Dahlia (Stampin' Up)in the center.
I also made a second card and changed the sparkles of the body of the butterfly.

Thanks for joining us for the challenge this week.  I hope you're able to play along with us, don't forget to link your creation at exploring cricut!  Have a super week!!

5 comments:

  1. Very pretty!

    Annette
    My Mind's Dust Bunnies

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so very pretty Emily!! Love the butterfly and the papers you used!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! Great job on this. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a pretty card Emily! I am loving the patterned paper. TFS :)

    Michelle (DT sister)
    Purple Monkey Moments

    ReplyDelete