Pages

Monday, April 9, 2012

April Showers Bring Us Flowers


















Hi All and welcome to my blog. This week's challenge was to use flowers on a card, layout, or other paper project. I decided to go back to my beginnings and do a layout for this project. With Easter and Mother's Day and any other day you want to celebrate someone special in mind I went about creating this layout. I love flowers and have been guilty in the past of putting them on every layout. When giving the challenge to create a project using flowers I couldn't find one I wanted to use. I settled on this mirror with several flowers and used the flower accents on the other pages to tie it all together. I also got into an embellishment frenzy and wanted to use a little bit of everything.

Recipe:
Bazzill cardstock
CTMH cardstock, bling buttons
Kaiser Kraft Pattern Paper, pearls, jewels
Memory Makers ribbon, eyelets
Cuts
You Are: 25.71" Wild Card
Beautiful: 3.94" Lovely Floral
Mirror/Flowers: 5.35" Bloom

7 comments:

  1. LOVE THIS LAYOUT! It's very girley and BEAUTIFUL! I also love how you said to "get back to your beginnings"...I also started with Scrapbooking, but haven't completed a layout in OVER A YEAR!!! You might have just inspired me to create one!

    New follower-New DT sister :)

    Crafty Hugs,
    Jessica
    www.craftinandstampin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your layouts Em. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your layout is so perfect for spring events. The design is great and I may have to copy:)

    Annette
    mymindsdustbunnies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Emily, this is so beautiful. I love the colors you used. Very elegant

    ReplyDelete
  5. Found your blog from Above Rubies Studio. Here's my blog in case you want to follow back:
    deannescraftingadventures.blogspot.com

    Deanne

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome layout!!! I am a new follower of your blog and I'm looking forward to seeing what else you will share. As a new blogger, I would really appreciate it if you check out my blog and follow me, too!
    http://piece-ofheart.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete