Pages

Monday, January 16, 2012

Birthday Challenge

Hi All! Wow, seems January is really flying by. Before you know it we'll be smack dab into February and we'll probably finally have some snow, but it will probably be up to our kneees. Winter in Kentucky is interesting to say the least. We always tell visitors if they don't like the weather, wait a minute and it'll change. Considering we are also known as Sinus Valley, I'll take the snow and cold, at least my allergies get a little break.


For this weeks challenge we were asked to create a card, page, or paper project with a birthday theme, easy enough! To add a little twist you can only use the colors blue, green, yellow, white, and red. That made it a little more challenging for me. My resolution for this year is to really get into some of my cartridges that I havne't used in awhile, and so far I'm doing pretty good. This project is split, one cartridge I've never used and one that I use often.

I decided to create a birthday card for this challenge. I'm always needing a birthday card and by the time I realize I need one, it's too late to make one. It's kind of embarassing when the "card lady" has to send a store bought card. I started with a white base that was 5.5x4.25. I added a multi-colored stripe that was 5.25x4. The striped paper may look like I cheated a little but the darker stripes really are navy. I tried to use different colors of the blue and green. The present was cut using the Hello Kitty Greeting cartridge and the Height was cut at 4.18" as measured using the Gypsy. I believe I've been putting my dimensions down incorrectly in past projects. If I've put that I've measured using the Gypsy, then it's the height not the width that I've given. So sorry if this has caused any confusion. I used Crystal Blue, Sweet Leaf, and Sunny Yellow cardstock on the cut of the present. For the "Happy Birthday" I used the cartridge Calligraphy Collection and it was cut at 2.29" for the height. The saying was cut out using Sweet Leaf cardstock then layers onto a Sunny Yellow and White Daisy.

Recipe:
Pattern paper: stripe from Fanfare (CTMH)
Cardstock: White Daisy, Crystal Blue, Sweet Leaf, Sunny Yellow (CTMH)
Cartridges: Hello Kitty Greeting, Calligraphy Collection

Thank you for playing along with the challenge, and thanks for taking the time to look at my project!

Happy Scrapbookin'

4 comments:

  1. Great job!Thanks for being a part of the Exploring Cricut DT.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great card in your stash! I agree with you about sometimes not having a card when you need it:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it!!! The present is just perfect with the striped bg paper!! :)

    ReplyDelete