Pages

Monday, July 30, 2012

Disney Dreaming Challenge




Today's challenge over at Exploring Cricut is to create a card, layout, or paper craft of any Disney character, vacation, etc containing at least one character. I decided to create a card for a special princess's birthday. Diane's granddaughter Peyton celebrated her birthday the end of last month. Since I knew she was have a princess themed birthday party I decided to create her birthday card along the same lines.
It just so happened that I had taught my card class that same week using the Close to my Heart stamp set Life is Tweet which had the sayings "A little birdie told me" and "it's your birthday" which were perfect for this card.
I cut Snow White and the bird out using Disney Happily Ever After cartridge. Snow White was cut at 3.42, the layers for Snow White were cut at 4.05, and the bird was cut at 1.35. The frame was cut from Forever Young cartridge using the feature. It was cut at 2.18.

Recipe
Cardstock: CTMH White Daisy; Archival Black, Sunkiss Yellow, Cotton Candy, Pacifica, lagoon, Heavenly Blue, Colonial White
Cartridges: Disney - Happily Ever After, Forever Young
Stamp set: Life is Tweet

5 comments:

  1. Precious princess!

    Stay Creative,
    Georgiana
    Carson's Creations

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is sweet! Great sentiment with the cute little bird! I bet she loved:)

    Annette
    My Mind's Dust Bunnies

    ReplyDelete
  3. She loved the card and fabulous job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh! This is just fabulous Emily!!! I so so love it!! The colors are awesome!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love this! She is so pretty - and I love the die cut you put the sentiment on TFS :)

    michelle
    http://mumoftwoblog.blogspot.com
    ECDT

    ReplyDelete