Pages

Monday, May 21, 2012

Cricut Choice Challenge

For this challenge we were to use a cartridge that we haven't used or haven't used very much to create a card, layout, or other paper craft.  Since I was trying to work ahead at this point this was kind of easy for me because I had just gotten a couple of new cartridges that I couldn't wait to try out.  One of our little fellas that I work with in Children Worship & Wonder was having surgery earlier this month so I wanted to make him a special get well card.  Here is my challenge project for this week.
I started with a Moxy paper from my stash that I cut 5x7. I then cut out my puppy using Create-a-Critter.  I used the dalmation from page 35 and I cut the base at 3.71 in chocolate and then using the layer 1 feature I cut the top layer in colonial white at the same size (using gypsy).
The "title" of the card "Bow wow" is from Four-legged Friend.  I cut this at 1" using the normal key, shift key and normal and layer feature.  Woof is from Animal Kingdom and is also cut at 1".
I had to include an explanation on the inside so his parents didn't think I had totally cracked.  And of course the paw print also comes from Four-Legged Friend (minus the nails).  To represent my Ella's signature.  We got word around lunch time that our little guy had come through the surgery and was doing well!  God is Great!!!!

Thanks for viewing my project!  I hope you have fun playing along.  Diane has issued me a "special" challenge...no more Art Philosophy until I've used all of my other cartridges at least once.  I hope I can do it (I may have to cheat just a little).

Till next time!!!

4 comments:

  1. Your card turned out so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darling card. He will love it.

    Annette
    mymindsdustbunnies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable card Emily. Love the paw on the inside. Glad he is feeling better. PS CAC is one of my FAVORITE cartridges! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful card!!! I so love Create a Critter and Four Legged Friends is a darling cartridge!! So glad your little friend came through his surgery okay. God is Great!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete